Walden - SE Calgary Real Estate
It is important to note that Walden is not yet complete. It is a major development with commercial buildings in addition to semi-detached, single-family and condominium housing options -- the epitome of a master plan. Near the entrance Avi Urban Development built a series of popular townhomes. As if that were not enough an enormous natural park and trails, as well as the Southview Alliance church, are slated for future development.
Located within a short walking distance from Walden, along with numerous bus routes near 195th Avenue, is the Somerset-Bridlewood LRT station.
Parks & Recreation
Walden is only a short drive from the Bow River and its surrounding recreational areas to the east, but the real prize of the community is the master-planned natural park and trail concept yet to be built. Even without the construction of this part of the community, the presence of nature is felt throughout, which is why developers chose Walden as the community name.
When it comes to shopping and entertainment, Walden is conveniently located. The Shawnessy Town Centre is a short drive up Macleod Trail SE and just outside the gates of Walden is a grocery store, coffee shop, pub, gas station and more.
Many public and separate, or private, schools are available to the children of Walden residents:
● Public: Woodbine School, Woodman School, Dr. E. P. Scarlett Senior High
● Separate: St. Sebastian, Father James Whelihan, Mother Teresa of Calcutta (French Immersion) and St. Matthew (French Immersion)
Houses of Worship
The Southview Alliance Church will be built in the future inside the community of Walden, while other houses of worship are located outside the community:
● The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
● Anglican Church of Canada
● All Saints Lutheran Church
● Canyon Creek Christian Fellows
● Midpark Christian Assembly
● Jehovah's Witnesses McKenzie & Deer Valley